Parking and traffic laws apply throughout the City of Port Phillip to ensure the safe and fair use of Victoria's roads for everyone's benefit. Parking restrictions and the council's parking permit system are in place to help make parking available for the needs of both residents and visitors. Make sure you look for the signs – which could be at either end of the street area in which you want to park.
Street / Metered Parking: Usually charged by the hour with a two-hour time limit. Be sure to read instructions on ticket machines and street signs.
Commercial Car Parks
Car parking is controlled by the City of Port Phillip and available in Pier Road or in front of the Squadron on Jacka Boulevard after 9 am weekdays. Please bring coins for the parking meters. Pay as you go parking is available in the St.Kilda Sea Baths Parking Station (3 levels).
Public transport is a green and easy option to get to our vibrant Fitzroy Street . There is 1 and 2 hour parking available on both sides of Fitzroy Street , but make certain you do not let the meter run out as the local parking inspectors are nothing if not efficient. If You do drive to the Precint there is extensive parking at the George, IGA as well as behind the Prince of Wales. There are also plenty of spots at the St. Kilda Sea Baths which is only a short stroll from Fitzroy Street
Parking is St Kilda is easy when you know where!
There are car parks located at
- The George Cinema
- The St Kilda Bowling Club – across the road from the George complex
- The Metropole - two entrances - one off Fitzroy Street next to the IGA and the other just around the corner, off Canterbury Road
- Behind the Prince Hotel – turn left into Acland St and left again into Jackson St
- In Jackson Street there are two car parks
- The St Kilda Sea Baths also house some 450 spaces down on the foreshore
Around St Kilda Village (Acland Street) there is pay as you go parking available at:
- Acland Court (Coles)
- Woolworths Carpark
- Along the Boulevard and Acland Street (Watch for parking Inspectors)
- Behind the shopping precinct
- Adjacent Luna Park on Blessington Street
More general parking information can be found on the City of Port Phillip website: